Moose Take a Bow

Another test day here in the Moose-Pen

Today I am going to go though all the tests in my Driver::DBI and see what explodes

Not really expecting a good run I was plesenlty surprised when I got;

\t\20_fields.t         (Wstat: 512 Tests: 88 Failed: 2)
  Failed tests:  86, 88
  Non-zero exit status: 2
\t\90_extened.t        (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
  Non-zero exit status: 255
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 11 tests but ran 0.
only the above two. The first one was simple enough I just had the wrong value in a regex on the test and a quick change;

retrieve =>
--          { message => 'An Element can have only one Aggregate function!' },

++        { message => 'An element can have only one Aggregate function!' },
and that was fixed up and 90_extened.t has nothing in it so I am looking good.

Rather than a few line postette today I think I am ready to start the release process of code base. To start I have heard a few things about 'Devel::Cover' so I might as well give that a try now that I am still in 'Error' and 'Test' mode here in the Moose Pen. Who know maybe I will find even more bugs or uncovered areas.

To start I had to install 'Devel::Cover' I was a little worried at first as I do most of my work on a Winders box and many times I run into all sorts of config and install problems. It did install on easily on Strawberry and DWIM perl but ActiveState was a little problematic.

I could not install it from the command line I had to use the PPM from ActiveState and I took a good 15 mins to install and I had to start it twice.

The third time was a charm as it took only a few mins.

Now the only problem is 'nmake.exe' which it seems is no longer available as a separate download I have to load in all of MS visual sutdio to get it to work yuck.

I guess I will have to fall back to my Linux box for this one.

Forutnetly for me the internet is a wonerus place and google is my friend as I found this post
http://g14n.info/2011/06/how-to-use-devel-cover/ and it got me going in window in about 5 mins (after I down loaded dmake)

Long story short all I wanted to do today was to check my coverage so all I had to do is

  1. 1) Set the ENV var 'HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES=-MDevel::Cover'
  2. 2) do a prove -l
  3. 3) and then just cover to generate my coverage

No really that much but it did take about 20 mins for my test suite to run so a good chance to go and get a nice cup of coffee.

Now that I am back I did the 'cover' and got

lib/Database/Accessor.pm       94.4   80.0   88.8   93.7    0.0   23.5   91.7
...ase/Accessor/Constants.pm  100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.0  100.0
...atabase/Accessor/Types.pm   97.7   93.5   78.2  100.0    n/a   67.4   95.4
t/00_load.t                   100.0   50.0    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.0   95.2
t/10_view.t                   100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/11_link.t                   100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/12_element.t                100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/14_predicate.t               91.8   50.0    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.2   87.5
t/15_case.t                   100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.2  100.0
t/16_param.t                  100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/18_condition.t              100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/19_function_expression.t    100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/20_dad_load.t                98.0   83.3   83.3  100.0    n/a    0.2   96.3
t/30_view.t                    96.2   50.0    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1   94.1
t/31_elements.t               100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/33_conditions.t             100.0   50.0    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1   98.3
t/35_links.t                  100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/37_gathers.t                100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/39_sorts.t                   97.9   50.0    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1   96.6
t/40_dynamic_not_present.t    100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/42_new_validation.t         100.0  100.0    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.2  100.0
t/43_dynamic_conditions.t     100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/45_dynamic_links.t          100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/47_dynamic_gathers.t        100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/49_dynamic_sorts.t          100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/50_create.t                 100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/52_delete.t                 100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/54_update.t                 100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/56_retrieve.t               100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/57_dad_elements.t           100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/58_parenthes.t              100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/60_env_vars.t               100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/62_crud_options.t           100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    0.1  100.0
t/lib/Data/Test.pm            100.0    n/a    n/a  100.0    n/a    3.3  100.0
...e/Accessor/Driver/Test.pm  100.0  100.0   66.6  100.0    n/a    0.0   98.0
...atabase/Accessor/Utils.pm   97.8   87.5   88.8  100.0    0.0    0.6   92.7
Total                          98.7   83.1   82.0   99.1    0.0  100.0   97.5
---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Much better than I expected nothing under 80% except POD which I have not written yet.

Lots to look at tomorrow.

imagesdd.jpg

Leave a comment

About byterock

user-pic Long time Perl guy, a few CPAN mods allot of work on DBD::Oracle and a few YAPC presentations