What my experienced business manager would ask about Perl
- Can it be compared with J2EE?
- CGI? That's even older than ASP, you cannot write my webapp in it!
- Does Perl support session?
- I can let you try to code at most 20% of my webapp(you can't code the whole site with Perl, apparently), but make sure it can share session with ASP.NET.
- What's needed to run your Perl?
- Is there anything Perl can do better than Java?
- Does Perl have business value?
Like Damian said in this interview: "Selling Perl to your manager is about explaining Perl in terms that your manager cares about: stable, reliable, powerful, efficient, cheap, maintainable, well-supported, and future-proof."
Are we sharing the same situation here?