Enter MooseX, II Now Lets Clean Things Up.
Well after my excitement of the release this week after fixing a few obvious pod bugs and cleaning up the repository, I was going to take a look at the Kwalitee page and clean what it tells me.
So the first thing to look at is the Core Metrics and the first on my hit list is
So I guess my Dist::Zilla did not pick up that file as I do remeber creating a bad one but I will create a better on just in case. Now what I have seen in the past is to just use to POD as the readme so I will do that and to make it complete I will add in a a little install section into the pod.
However before I go and do that I think I will look at the section lower down
no pod errors
and fix the bug in the POD first before I copy them into other files. So I will have a quick look at the Errors tap and see what is under the
Around line 96: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1'Around line 98: '=item' outside of any '=over'Around line 103: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1'Around line 106: '=item' outside of any '=over'
It also suggests I add in Test::Pod so I can add that as well to the tests and the after I ran it a few times I quickly cleaned up the pod and have more test coverage to boot.
For now I am just going to create a README.pod as this is nicely formatted on Github and it might pass the mustard on CPANTS we will see
and I am missing that but that is my fault I never bothered to create one so I will add that in in the usual format
Next we have
Now checking the 'Errors' tab again it tells me that 'MooseX::Meta::Method::Role::Authorized' is missing both 'use warnings' and 'use strict'
Now I had another look at that file and I noticed I do a quick use of ' MooseX::Meta::Method::Role::Authorized::Meta::Role' and I quickly realized that may not need that file at all. So I took its contents and added them into 'MooseX::Meta::Method::Role::Authorized', deleted the file and then reran my tests but not all of them passed. Oh well I will have to live with what I got for now but I could just add the strict and warnings into 'MooseX::Meta::Method::Role::Authorized' as it doesn't hurt things to use them more than once so for now that is what I am going to do.
Now finally I had this
package version matches dist version
So something is awry there I cleaned up that funny I though that Dist::Zilla did this sort of majick for me I guess I still have to change the odd thing here and there.
Well with that all cleaned up I did a commit for version 0.00.02 no need to branch and tag yet still in the beta stage but before I did that I make sure to do a 'dzil clean' so I do not check in a bunch of stuff I do not want.
Then did a quick 'dzil build' and uploaded the tar file to PAUSE and time to wait again to see what my Kwalitee comes out tomorrow.