Not sure how likely I am to actually succeed in giving regular updates, but I'm going to give it a go... Here is a synopsis of perlish things I’ve been working on in the past week.
The Perl Foundation (Treasurer)
- Trying to track down some old contractual agreements to straighten out some payment details.
- We’ve got some unfinished infrastructure refinement that needs to get done. (more details later)
- Trying to close out all the details from YAPC this year. At this point, I’m comfortable saying it certainly ended in the black, though I don’t have the final number yet.
- All checks that I received at YAPC were mailed to the bank weeks ago (I swear!). But I got a report just yesterday that some of them possibly didn’t get processed. I’m investigating that.
- Up to date on all payment requests.
- Working on a Q1, Q2 financial statement for the board. Have to get some issues worked out with our bookkeeper.
- Nearly finished with the 2010 tax return.
Pittsburgh Perl Workshop (Organizer)
- We’re starting to announce talks for PPW. But we still need more proposals. Please send in more talks!
- MJD is coming to PPW!
- No word on Damian yet.
- The Perl Ops track is going to be a really big deal. Trying to get the word out any way we can.