Dan's updates for the week ending August 14th, 2011
Here's a listing of what I've been working on in the past week for TPF, PPW, and other...
- I was asked last week why it is that I'm not putting this information on the main TPF web site. My goal is to provide transparency inside TPF. I'm hoping that people will see that any old concerns they may have had (valid, or not), are no longer founded. I am hoping to be able to provide more detail to our own community through blogs.perl.org than would necessarily be appropriate for the TPF site. I also think that more people in our community are likely to read what goes on here. Additionally, blogs.perl.org allows me to mention all the perlish things I'm working on each week, and not just the TPF stuff.
- Completed my report to the Board regarding TPF's progress in 2011. We are within budget. YAPC 2011 came out much further in the black than anticipated, which helps.
- Less than 60 days until PPW starts. The heat is on!
- Received a community sponsorship this week from my own employer, pair Networks. pair and Grant Street Group both share the distinction of supporting every single Perl event in Pittsburgh since 2006.
- We had a few speakers back out. These things happen, but it means we need more talks!
- Started working with the venue to nail down all the final details.
- Short week for me (going camping).