Perl White Papers
I've just launched a 'white papers' section on Perl.org:
I've set the following as a rough brief for these documents:
- Corporate technical managers (may not know Perl)
- Coders new to Perl looking for reasons to use Perl
- Existing Perl coders who are not 'enlightened', e.g. not aware of these technologies and how they make coding better.
- Convince someone to try this technology
- Show how many great Perl tools there are for different types of project (breadth not depth)
- Have a location someone advocating Perl can point to, which provides a quick over view of some of the current tools available
- Start with a quick overview of what the technology is, you have to convince people to use this technology in this first paragraph
- Try not to refer to 'your' code, it might be a manager reading this - this is not always possible though!
- Do not try to teach the technology, but offer resources which will (references section at the end)
- Avoid dates / anything which will require updating in the future, if possible
- Article should be as short as possible
- Avoid code where possible.
If you have corrections or are interested in writing one of the outstanding topics do let me know.