The last two weeks, I didn't do much programming with OpenGL and GLSL. I used the weekend to catch up with some of the bug reports on Github and made the application more robust against missing input data or broken shaders. The net result is that it now can also cycle through a set of shaders:
November 2016 Archives
While putting off working on my Perl Advent Calendar submission, I was instead active in resolving bugs in App::ShaderToy and adding some interesting features. The three major features I added this week are, in order of implementation, loading of bitmap images, hot reloading of code and the feature to make the window stay always on top.
It is incredible how much joy quicker iterations bring me while toying around with shaders, tweaking the parameters to see if I can find new visuals.
The shader is a modification of a shader by Inigo Quilez, hacked up by Weyland.
After the initial rush of success, I spent this week working more on the UI side of the app, putting off adding support for geometry generation for later. Prima proves to be a solid UI toolkit and to me it feels closer to using Delphi or Visual Basic, API wise.