fresh perlbrew sugar
perlbrew install --switch stable
Which expands as:
- Install the "latest stable" Perl - don't make me think about version numbers ;)
- When you're done, switch to it
It is just sugar, but it makes a one-liner out of what used to be:
- Figure out what the latest stable version of Perl is.
- Think about here: "those outside the echo chamber"
perlbrew install perl-5.16.2
perlbrew switch perl-5.16.2
More usefully for my (planned) purposes, I can write documentation targetted to outside the echo chamber that ensures both:
- those reading it will always get the latest stable version of Perl, and
- I won't have to bump the docs every time a new release is rolled.