Major DB::Color update (Perl QA Hackathon)
After my previous announcement of DB::Color, I've not had much time to work on it. I eventually disabled it on my box because it was broken on many common cases. Thanks to the Paris Perl QA Hackathon, I've solved a few nasty bugs and now I'm happily using it to debug Perl.
There are some caveats.
Syntax highlighting is slow and is broken in a few edge cases. To get around the first issue, I have naïve caching of syntax highlighted files (change the files and the MD5 sum differs and you get a new cache). Any cached file not used in the last 30 days is deleted.
The broken syntax highlighting has resulted in several bug reports for Syntax::Highlight::Engine::Kate.
My favorite bit (cough) with how I replace lines of code with the syntax highlighted versions is this: