It seem that since Perl V 5.20.0, Data::TreeDumper won't install because it depends on Devel::Size, but in fact the latter could be marked optional (I'm told via an RT ticket).
For my own use basically, I'll soon release a simple module called Tree::Renderer, whose default output is almost identical to that of Data::TreeDumper.
So far, I've only implemented these return values for Scalar::Utils's reftype:
ARRAY, CODE, HASH, REF and SCALAR.
If you want support for other types let me know. Being lazy I hope not - in the nicest possible way, of course!
So far I've found:
Search this blog
- Data::RenderAsTree might help you replace Data::TreeDumper
- Tree::Renderer: A partial replacement for Data::TreeDumper
- A note about Text::Table::Manifold
- A survey of table rendering packages
- A note about X500::DN and X500::DN::Marpa
- A survery of gettext and I18N resources
- Fancy Matching of Delimited Text
- Some Perl modules cross-referenced by Purpose
- A Note About Parsing Graphviz DOT files
- Q: Nestoria Dev Blog and comments