The Portuguese Perl Workshop is back, the event will be held on September 28th in Braga, Portugal.
Check the workshop website for more information.
The Portuguese Perl Workshop is back. This year's event will be held in the 22nd and 23rd of September in sunny Lisbon, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.
Check the official site for details.
In Perl we can run user defined code blocks at different stages when running a program.
- BEGIN blocks are run as soon as Perl finds them. If there is more than one block they get executed in the order they are found.
- CHECK blocks are run as soon as Perl finishes compiling. If there is more than one CHECK block they get executed in the reverse order they are found.
- INIT blocks are executed after CHECK blocks, and if more than one exists they get executed in the order they appear.
- END blo…
Search this blog
- Portuguese Perl Workshop 2013
- Portuguese Perl Workshop 2012
- Portuguese Perl Workshop 2011
- OpenCert 2010
- Begin at the BEGIN and go on till you come to the END: then stop.
- Perl6 modules in Rakudo baby-steps, part 1
- fork'ing your world
- Watching directories for new files
- one liner history command counter
- Memcached to the rescue