blogs.perl.org... Perl's Death by 1,000 Cuts
Just trying to log into blogs.perl.org to comment on David Mertens' PDL features I'd like to see in Perl 6 was a huge pain in the ass... in fact just getting the login to work for this was also but I won't go there.
Imagine how many would-be contributors have been turned off by what is described below.
- Open a post and click "Sign In" to comment, you get a login page WITHOUT the "wordpress" option... more on that later.
- The actual options on this page are
- Movable Type - Broken unless you reset password and then you still can't post
- Open ID - what? go to their page and they tell you to use wordpress or Google... all non simple... can I just get a Login Please?
- LiveJournal - get a can't call name on object reference blah blah blah error
- Vox - wast that a blog site at one time, where do you get a login?
- Google... error... not supported
- Now if you click "Sign In" from the main page, you do see a WordPress login and you can login. So if you commented to this post, congratulations on having a wordpress login where you logged in from the main page.
Don't believe me look at the bug reports: https://github.com/blogs-perl-org/blogs.perl.org/issues
How long has as blogs.perl.org been bleeding the community?
Perl is obviously having trouble getting fresh blood... this is how our community dies drop by drop.