Paws XXIV (A little Buzz)
Well after the panic stations I talked about in my last post. I have calmed down a little. It seems that huge check in was for the compiled version of the code base and 99% of the changes where just auto-auto-generated stuff chugged out by boto when it re-compiles.
That being said I did find this thread while investigating the mother of all pushes; https://github.com/pplu/aws-sdk-perl/issues/244
Requirements for stabilisation?
shadowcat-mst commented on 24 May 2018
So, a number of components in Paws have something like this -
Is there a list anywhere of what's required to get to the point where that warning can go away? If not, how would we go about getting to a point where there was such a list?
So I guess all my recent playing in the Paws pen has awoken the dragon or at least spurred a little interest. The thread is a year plus old and very stale as the last comment was on 2 August 2018. Until just the other day after I started to play in the S3 playpen.
This is great as I see a some life getting back into Paws. I did take the opportunity to have a look about in what was going on in the above thread and that led me to this branch https://github.com/pplu/aws-sdk-perl/tree/tests/stabilisation
I did a quick pull of that branch and ran my real world tests against it comparing it to the list of bugs I reported fixed; https://github.com/pplu/aws-sdk-perl/issues
I posted the results here https://github.com/pplu/aws-sdk-perl/issues/244#issuecomment-550477736
I only found that just one of my fixes have been fixed 'GetBucketPolicyOutput ' which is good to know that I have not been working in vain and I have not been kicking sand about in the sandbox.
Reading though the threads I have come to realize that changes to boto are not really a good way to go so I will most likely have to come back and re-examine some of my changes.
A good example is the fix for 'PutBucketLifecycleConfiguration' all it required was a new 'ContentMD5' shape added to it https://github.com/byterock/botocore/commit/8647ab6c3db853283e60a5030e9191b8ecd2a819.
It it seems the keepers of boto have know about the issuse since 2017 https://github.com/boto/botocore/issues/1302 but just ignore it as they had already kludge up their code to work around it
Oh well the pit falls of co-operatvie codeing I guess.
Moving on from here I think I will have to try very hard to remove any boto changes I have made. They have been helpful as that little change I made to the URI
helped me find a number of other little bugs that are now solved. So I will carry on for now and I hope I generate even more Buzz.