Caught up, finally

Hello again Perl world!

After a wonderful vacation, I came back to discover that I had far more work to do than I had realized. I have only just started to claw out of the heap and arrive at a place where I have had some time for Perl-ing.

First of all I need to apologize. I missed my Grant Report this month. While this is no excuse, there also was nothing to report. I do hope to keep honing in on the few remaining problems that Alien::Base has developed, but I am increasingly believing that a few of my initial assumptions may have been too flawed, possibly requiring a little bit of rewrite. That said, what I really need is someone who has a longer beard than I (metaphorically) to help me understand some Makefile/linking stuff to help me over the hump.

That brings me to some more interesting things. I had almost gotten my additions to vti’s PerlTuts running before my vacation, and now they have finally hit; thats right, live science tutorials in Perl are coming! For now its only a few pages on my plotting extension and PDL constructors, but believe me, that was the hard part.

Finally, this weekend I added up a few more features to Galileo, these include such novel features as deleting pages and easy links to adding users and pages. For those of you who don’t know (many I’m sure), Galileo is my attempt at a fully CPAN installable content management system (website). Its runs on Mojolicious and uses websockets for real-time updating wherever possible. Please take a look and let me know if you have any issues; especially if you use the (still untested, sorry) environment variables for controlling file locations.


Leave a comment

About Joel Berger

user-pic As I delve into the deeper Perl magic I like to share what I can.