I'm going to go over a bunch of the technical challenges that I faced building the Tabletop.Events, as well as some that are still yet to come. If you want to see what it takes to build a massive new app from scratch, talk about how to build a business around an app, or just learn about some novel solutions to hard problems, then join us at MadMongers on Tuesday, March 8th at 7pm.
For the past year I’ve been working on putting a new business together that is built on top of Perl and AngularJS. The new business is called Tabletop.Events. It is a convention management platform for the hobby board game industry.
It’s features include:
- Badge sales and…
About a week ago I expressed my concerns about Perl 6′s future and people came out of the woodwork to tell me about all of Perl 6′s features, but didn’t really address what I was asking: What are the business cases for Perl 6?
So I decided, maybe I should think about what kinds of cool businesses and apps could be built using Perl 6′s new feature-set. Mind you, I’m not going to build any of these anytime soon. I’ve already got too many businesses for my own good and I’m launching…
Search this blog
- MadMongers is hosting Perl Potpourri on Tuesday
- Tabletop.Events at MadMongers
- Tabletop.Events Built On Perl
- Drones at MadMongers
- Perl 6′s Killer App - Async
- Christmas Came, Bah Humbug
- Hack Retreat - woodar.dj
- In “Cede Your Soul”, an episode of a tv show called “Blindspot”...
- Apparently tonight’s MadMongers meeting about SVG will be a...
- I gave this talk at MadMongers showing how to do cool special...