DBIx::Class is a great way to hide database interactions in your Perl classes. However, something that you might find easy in normal DBI queries can seem hard in DBIx::Class, because you lack direct access to the SQL. Take for example the following query:join slots on (eventtyperooms.room_id=slots.room_id) join dayparts on (slots.daypart_id = dayparts.id) where slots.is_reserved=0 and eventtyperooms.eventtype_id='E375219C-CDBB-11E5-8739-AFC5…
I'm going to go over a bunch of the technical challenges that I faced building the Tabletop.Events, as well as some that are still yet to come. If you want to see what it takes to build a massive new app from scratch, talk about how to build a business around an app, or just learn about some novel solutions to hard problems, then join us at MadMongers on Tuesday, March 8th at 7pm.
For the past year I’ve been working on putting a new business together that is built on top of Perl and AngularJS. The new business is called Tabletop.Events. It is a convention management platform for the hobby board game industry.
It’s features include:
- Badge sales and…
Search this blog
- Complicated joins with DBIx::Class
- Wing Workshop at MadMongers Tonight
- MadMongers is hosting Perl Potpourri on Tuesday
- Tabletop.Events at MadMongers
- Tabletop.Events Built On Perl
- Drones at MadMongers
- Perl 6′s Killer App - Async
- Christmas Came, Bah Humbug
- Hack Retreat - woodar.dj
- In “Cede Your Soul”, an episode of a tv show called “Blindspot”...