Plain Black is Hiring
If you're looking to break in to web development, and have a chance to work on some of the coolest web apps in the Perl world, Plain Black is hiring 2 developers. Here's the job description:
Plain Black is hiring and we’re looking for a geek like you. Not your average geek, but someone who wears GEEK as a badge. Someone who breathes Perl, and drinks Linux. A geek who knows that there’s more you can do with SSH than just open a terminal to a remote box. Someone who believes that Internet access is not just a human right, but that it’s as important as air, water, and shelter. If we’ve described you, then please apply.
You must be able to:
- Work independently or as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated.
- Write modern Perl, not chicken scratch Perl, and be able to explain the difference.
- Use and abuse relational databases like MySQL.
- Be comfortable with common tools like Bash, Git, Nginx, Apache, and Vim.
- Prove U.S. Citizenship, as we do a lot of work for the Federal Government.
It would be nice if you:
- Have experience with Perl web development including one or more of: WebGUI, Plack, Catalyst, Dancer, or Mojolicious.
- Live in Madison, or at least Wisconsin, or be willing to relocate. Relocation expenses are available.
In return we’ll provide you with:
- Gainful employment with a salary of around $50,000 per year.
- 100% fully paid medical and dental coverage.
- Profit sharing.
- A brand new high-end MacBook Pro.
- Ultra flexible paid time off, up to four weeks per year to start.
- An expense account.
- On the job training.
- An ultra-flexible work schedule.
- The freedom to telecommute from anywhere.
- Automatic annual cost of living increases, in addition to any other raises or bonuses you earn.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply.