Hands-on Stackato Workshop
Jan Dubois will give a free workshop at YAPC::NA 2012 described as:
Stackato is a private cloud platform from ActiveState
In this workshop you will:
- get a very brief summary of the Stackato architecture
- install the Stackato Micro Cloud on your laptop
- deploy sample Perl applications (e.g. Bugzilla) to Stackato in minutes
- convert your own Perl web applications to Stackato
We will have some USB sticks with VirtualBox and Stackato installers available, but to save some time you can also download and install the software ahead of time:
- a hypervisor (VirtualBox, VMWare Fusion, VMWare Player)
- a corresponding Stackato VM
A good starting point for pushing your own application to Stackato will be to have it already running locally on your laptop.
This workshop will be given by Jan Dubois and Ingy döt Net. Ingy is also presenting a talk about Stackato.
[From the YAPC::NA Blog.]