Things To Bring To YAPC
Many of you are packing right now, or will be packing shortly to come to YAPC::NA 2012. Here’s a list of things that you might want to bring with you to YAPC:
- Games - cPanel is sponsoring a game night at YAPC, so whether you want to play some cards, board games, role-playing games, or LAN games, you’ll need to bring your favorite games with you.
- Geek Shirts - There’s no better time to show off your geektitude than at a conference. Pack your absolute best/coolest geek t-shirts for YAPC.
- Power Cable - Don’t forget to bring a way to recharge your devices. And if you happen to be from a country other than the United States, be sure to bring a power adapter to convert our power to yours.
- VGA Adapter - You never know when you might want to do an impromptu talk. All the projectors at YAPC operate at 1024x768 and use a VGA input. Speakers, this is especially important for you!
- USB Stick - While WiFi will be ubiquitous at YAPC, few things work better than sneaker net.
- Business Cards - Yes they’re a bit old-fashioned, but they still work great. If you have them, bring them. You never know when you might want to hand one out.
- Travel Arrangements - Make sure you keep a paper copy, or downloaded copy of your hotel, parking, airline, train, or bus tickets and itinerary with you just in case.
- Grooming Supplies - There are few things worse than body odor in a room full of 400 people. Keep it clean!
- Government Issued ID - Most places will check your ID before letting you order a drink.
- Cash - Bring a small amount of US Currency or at least a card to get it from an ATM. Most places take credit cards, but not all. Plus you’ll need cash to buy raffle tickets!
- Camera - If you don’t take pictures, then it never happened. If you’ve got a camera or a camera phone bring it! And when you upload those photos to the net, tag them with #yapcna2012
- Your Badge Receipt - Don’t worry about bringing a printout of your badge purchase. We have those records and your badge will be waiting for you at the YAPC registration desk in the Lowell Center (610 Langdon St).
- Bad Attitude - We want everyone to have a good time, and we’re working hard to provide an open and respectful environment. If you’ve got a chip on your shoulder, leave it at home.
To a lot of you this stuff will be old hat, but we’ve also got a lot of people coming this year that have never been to a conference, so it never hurts to have a refresher.
[From the YAPC::NA Blog.]