Vegan Food Options in Madison
From guest contributor Dave Rolsky:
There are a ridiculous number of vegan options in Madison at YAPC::NA 2012. Some of the highlights:
- Dandelion is an all vegetarian and mostly vegan food cart on the Library Mall
- Kabul, Buraka, Himal Chuli, Med Cafe, Dobra Tea, and Ian’s Pizza all have vegan options, and are a 5-10 minute walk from the conference
- Further out there are multiple places with vegan breakfast like tofu scrambles, hashes, and biscuits & gravy at Monty’s Blue Plate Diner and Willalby’s Cafe
- The Chocolate Shoppe is an ice cream shop offering at least 6 options (4 sorbets and two soy milk-based flavors). Paciugo has multiple vegan gelato options.
- Vegan desserts are available at The Green Owl, Monty’s, Mother Fools coffee house, Dandelion, Willy Street Co-op, and probably others I haven’t found yet.
I suspect I won’t even scratch the surface before I leave on Saturday, but I’ll do my best.
[From the YAPC::NA Blog.]