YAPC::NA 2012's Legacy for the Perl Community
Since we’re only a little over a week away from YAPC::NA 2012, our team thought it might be useful to reflect on what we plan to leave behind for the Perl community. We think we’re leaving a strong legacy:
- First and foremost, we hope we deliver a spectacular conference that attendees remember fondly for years to come.
- We’re leaving behind a wealth of infrastructure for the next YAPC organizers.
- We should be creating a new generation of Perl developers through our training programs before, during, and after the conference.
- When the final totals are tallied, we should be able to give a good sized sum of money to The Perl Foundation to be earmarked for the Perl 5 Core Maintenance Fund and CPAN Testers.
- We’ll leave behind nearly 100 hours of video presentations that will be professionally captured by our streaming team.
- And finally, we hope each new team of organizers will set a new standard for what a YAPC can look like. We believe we have achieved that goal, and we hope that every organizer that comes after us amazes us with their achievements as well.
[From the YAPC::NA Blog.]