Introducing PrePAN - Social Reviewing Site for Perl Modules
I'll introduce PrePAN to you here. PrePAN is a website for all Perl Mongers, especially for those who have intention to upload their Perl modules to CPAN. PrePAN aims to be a good place for them to make discussion about Perl modules pre-uploaded to CPAN (`PrePAN' is named after that).
What's you can at PrePAN?
- You can submit your Perl modules and call for review.
- ...if it's just a proposal/idea before implementation.
- Make discussion about them by comments.
- If you want to invite co-developers, PrePAN may be a help of you.
Solution to Your Problem
You may wirte a useful module for your job or your own purpose. You may think it might be worthy for others. However, you may worry about something like below:
- Are there any similar one?
- I'm not confident in the implementation...
- How can I distribute the module in keeping with CPAN's convention?
- Anyway, I want someone to review my module!!!
PrePAN provides you a place to make discussion about your modules.
Solution to Problems on CPAN
There have been many problems on CPAN like below:
- Too many modules for us to know all about.
- There may be many modules for the same purpose. Sometimes, we don't find which is the best.
- Some modules don't have enough quality.
We'll be glad if PrePAN, as a result, will be a help to improve CPAN for all of us.
This is the best way to send feedbacks, discuss new ideas, and get involved more. Join #prepan on irc.perl.org.
You can send feedbacks also at GitHub issues page.
- I launched a website for all Perl Mongers to discuss Perl modules to be uploaded to CPAN.
- PrePAN helps you and us to solve your and our problems.
- Feel free to contact us and send feedbacks.
- We need your help. Please join us and make it goes well!