In this round, The Grants Committee has received four grant proposals (list).
Since we posted them in public, we have received a number of public comments. At this point, here is the number of comments at the TPF site:
- 6: Automated generation of DWIM Perl
- 9: Perl::Lint - Yet Another Static Analyzer for Perl5
- 12: RPerl Test Suite Upgrade & Module::Compile Integration
- 10: JERL (Alien::Jerl) Perl5 running in the JVM
This includes the comments from the applicants.
The number of comments is one way to measure feedback but quality of the comments is more important. And most comments, if not all, were constructive and in great quality.
Thank you for those who spent time to give feedback.
We will conclude the voting process in one week.
The Grants Committee is in the middle of the March round.
Here is our March schedule. And I expect it will be the same for May, July, and so forth.
- March 1st: Call for Proposal
- March 14th: Application deadline
- March 15th: Applications are posted for public to solicit feedback
- March 22-29th: Voting by the Committee
- March 31st: Public announcement on the results
As of yesterday, all the applications are available at TPF News. Community feedback is welcomed. And the applicatns were notified that they are expected to watch them annd respond to questions at least until March 29th.
I hope this round will be successful.
The deadline to submit grant application is March 14th. So far we got one submission. See here for the application procedure.