More details, and a list of ideas for inclusion, can be found on my blog. Any and all suggestion…
once a week, every week contest,
and the monthly new distribution challenge 2014 quest on Questhub,
I've created the CPAN new dist a month, every month contest. Release a new CPAN dist each month. How many months can you keep that up for?
This is a mashup of ideas from BOOK…
- In the Account menu (top right) on MetaCPAN, select Profile.
- Scroll down to the Profiles section and select Gittip from the "Add Profile" drop-down.
- Fill in your gittip id and click on the word "check" to the right.
- Scroll down and hit "Save Profile"
And don't forget to join the Perl community on gittip!
I've got a script for looking at locally installed modules, used thusly:
I use this a lot, since I often find myself wanting to check exactly what a module is doing, either to learn from it, because the doc isn't clear, or I have reason not to trust the doc, or curiosity, or ...
Here's the script:
/usr/bin/view `mpath $*`
view is a symlink to vim, and mpath comes with my ="https://metacpan.org/pod/Module::Pa…
The CPAN Report is a review of CPAN and related activity in 2013. The headlines:
- 844 people signed up for a new PAUSE account
- 2840 new dists were released
- In total, 7440 dists were released
- 22% of dists saw a release in 2013
- RJBS released the most dists (230)
- SHARYANTO made the most releases (769)