Working on getting the Perl 6 setting to compile.
Currently rakudo.js is at the point where:
node rakudo.js --setting=NULL -e 'use nqp; nqp::say "Hello World"'
node rakudo.js -e 'say "Hello World"' doesn't.
The general work-flow for that is:
- Try to compile the setting with rakudo.js.
- While rakudo.js is compiling some error appears.
- I then figure out wheter it's a result of a missing feature or some bug in the js backend.
- I implement the feature and write tests for it or fix the bug.
- I then repeat the process.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Until the setting compiles Rakudo.js is not yet usable by users.
Even getting something very simple like say "Hello World" requires a fair chunk of the setting to work.
The rakudo specific work is done in the js branch of rakudo https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/tree/js.
Most of the work on the backend itself is done in the master branch in the nqp repo.