A late Perl QA Hackathon 2012 post scriptum

First post, the post that hurts the most. Well ... not ... but still in time before the y2k12-maya-bug triggers.

I am late in writing this summary about my hackathon but it fits the prolongation style I exercised this time. I had quite a slow start as I found it difficult to flush my overfull @work mindset and resume my open source projects. I used my flight delay to carefully prepare a TODO list which finally helped on that flush'n'resume exercise.
So what did I do?
My pet project is benchmarking Perl. There I have one major problem:

  • The visible benchmarks a…

perlformance

For some weeks I now have my Perl benchmarking ready.

It is a whole little infrastructure, based on Tapper and Codespeed, an own not regularly updated CPAN mirror (to keep dependencies stable), and a dedicated benchmark machine.

One server (perlformance.net) is running the Tapper result database, the Tapper website, the codespeed graph rendering website and the CPAN mirro…

Perl QA Hackathon 2011 - Day 3

Too bad I need to leave so early.

I made progress on setting up my preferred applications "Tapper" and "Codespeed":

I configured them, played around with them, injected example values, etc.

Besides that I had some progress with SpamAssassin. After
accessing the repo (using git-svn) I found an ok looking version
3.3.2 waiting there that passes all tests on Perl 5.12.3. I volunteered in spamass…

Perl QA Hackathon 2011 - Day 2

Day 2 was full of Yak shaving. It was not very convincing at first sight

I basically struggled on 2 topics:

  1. Polish the applications that receive and present the test and benchmark data. At least I now have a Tapper instance running on http://perlformance.net. Though, it still needs actual data fed into it. …

Perl QA Hackathon 2011 - Day 1

Short summary before the day closes:

  • Started installation of a Tapper instance for tracking Perl benchmarks.
  • Set up own CPAN mirror to be used as stable base for Benchmark::Perl::Formance.
  • Asked AndyA to resurrect the TAP v13 spec to testanything.org. Succeeded.
  • Wrote App::Prove::Plugin::Idempotent, based on refactoring by AndyA to allow overriding the final summary "ok" line in Test::Harness.
  • Made Data::DPath maintenance release, requested by rafl.
  • Received fix for Class::MethodMaker/var/www/users/steffen_schwigon/index.html