First post, the post that hurts the most. Well ... not ... but still in time before the y2k12-maya-bug triggers.
I am late in writing this summary about my hackathon but it fits the prolongation style I exercised this time. I had quite a slow start as I found it difficult to flush my overfull @work mindset and resume my open source projects. I used my flight delay to carefully prepare a TODO list which finally helped on that flush'n'resume exercise.
So what did I do?
My pet project is benchmarking Perl. There I have one major problem:
- The visible benchmarks a…
For some weeks I now have my Perl benchmarking ready.
It is a whole little infrastructure, based on Tapper and Codespeed, an own not regularly updated CPAN mirror (to keep dependencies stable), and a dedicated benchmark machine.
One server (perlformance.net) is running the Tapper result database, the Tapper website, the codespeed graph rendering website and the CPAN mirro…
Too bad I need to leave so early.
I made progress on setting up my preferred applications "Tapper" and "Codespeed":
I configured them, played around with them, injected example values, etc.
Besides that I had some progress with SpamAssassin. After
accessing the repo (using git-svn) I found an ok looking version
3.3.2 waiting there that passes all tests on Perl 5.12.3. I volunteered in spamass…
Day 2 was full of Yak shaving. It was not very convincing at first sight
I basically struggled on 2 topics:
- Polish the applications that receive and present the test and benchmark data.
At least I now have a Tapper instance running on http://perlformance.net. Though, it still needs actual data fed into it.
Short summary before the day closes:
- Started installation of a Tapper instance for tracking Perl benchmarks.
- Set up own CPAN mirror to be used as stable base for Benchmark::Perl::Formance.
- Asked AndyA to resurrect the TAP v13 spec to testanything.org. Succeeded.
- Wrote App::Prove::Plugin::Idempotent, based on refactoring by AndyA to allow overriding the final summary "ok" line in Test::Harness.
- Made Data::DPath maintenance release, requested by rafl.
- Received fix for Class::MethodMaker/var/www/users/steffen_schwigon/index.html