- Some github users name their Perl repositories perl-*, some p5-*, yet some perl5-*. I can't decide.
- I use cpanm all the type, but can't use tab completion because "cpan" exists. I can add aliases but have to do this on every system.
- perlbrew takes too long compiling a new perl.
- I used to be hip because I use Perl, not anymore.
- There are too many modules on CPAN (okay too obvious).
January 2012 Archives
Lately I've been choosing Indonesian names for my software projects/codenames, beginning with Sah, and then Rinci/Perinci, Riap, Serabi. Others will certainly follow. These names are words straight from the dictionary, but I plan to extend to proper nouns like island names (we have 17k+ of those!), characters from traditional stories, words from dialects (
For the past two days, I've been downloading Ruby conference talks from this wonderful site and watching them on my Samsung Galaxy S Wifi. I recommend all you guys to take a look too, lots and lots of videos there. I wish more Perl talks were available online and of similar recording/encoding quality, but I digress.
I am currently particularly interested in the API design talks. This one from Anthony Eden is one of the better ones: not too long, presents simple things t…