Planet Moose - January 2014
Welcome to Planet Moose, a brief write up on what's been happening in the world of Moose in the past month, for the benefit of those of you who don't have their eyes permanently glued to the #moose IRC channel, or the MetaCPAN recent uploads page.
If you'd like to contribute some news for next month's issue, you can do so on the wiki.
There have been a couple of minor releases of Moose this month (2.1201 and 2.1202) but nothing especially exciting.
In other news...
- Buddy Burden has continued his Perl and Me series. Part 5, part 6, part 7, and part 8.
- byterock has also been writing a few interesting Moose-related blog posts, including Am I a Convert???, Diamonds are a Moose's Best Friend, and Out of the Barn Yard.
- I published Horizontal Reuse: An Alternative to Inheritance which compares Moose roles favourably to other mechanisms for horizontal code reuse.
- Test::Class::Moose now supports running tests in parallel.
- Various modules have been updated to work with newer versions of Moose and avoid deprecation warnings, including MooseX::App, MooseX::AbstractFactory, MooseX::Traits::Pluggable, MooseX::Types::Set::Object, and MooseX::Attribute::ValidateWithException.
- I've released Sub::Trigger::Lock and blogged about it.