London Perl Workshop: Status Update & 2023
Hello all. It's been a while. As you may have guessed there will not be a workshop this year. We spoke about organising one but the uncertainty around restrictions, along with other organisational constraints, resulted in our decision not to.
Of course, we would like to hold a workshop in 2023 and want to take this moment to solicit feedback on the previous (2019) one and suggestions for next year. The main questions are thus:
- Venue: We thought David Game College was a great one, should we use it again?
- Dates: Is October/November optimal or would you prefer earlier in the year? Is the weekend better than on weekdays?
- Length: LPW has mostly been a single day with multiple tracks, would you prefer a two day event with fewer tracks?
- Socials: If we held the workshop over the summer we would have more options [to have outdoor style pre/event/post socials in places other than pubs]. What kind of social events do you prefer?
- Swag: We know people like swag, but it's expensive and an environmental issue. We would prefer to reduce it. Thoughts?
If you have any thoughts on any of the above please let us know. You can leave feedback here in the comments, on reddit, or email us: email@example.com. We would like to start planning next year's event early. Get in touch.