Found a bug in File::Finder

I uploaded File::Finder to the CPAN more than a decade ago. I was using it for a project today, and found a bug that has been in there in the beginning. I forgot to localize $_ in ->contains, which clobbered File::Find's $_, used by just about everything else.

I couldn't even remember where I had put the git repo for the distro source, and once I found that, I couldn't remember how to build and test modules.

I'm getting old.


I like Gus McCrae's comment on aging from the movie Lonesome Dove: "The older the violin the sweeter the music!"

You're not alone.

Leave a comment

About Randal L. Schwartz

user-pic print "Just another Perl hacker"; # the original!