New Dancer2 release en route to CPAN: 0.163000 and new core dev!
We have another great Dancer2 release hitting CPAN as we speak. This time with an announcement on a new core dev joining the Dancer team: Jason Crome. Please give him a warm welcome! We're very happy to have him join us and help make Dancer2 more approachable and welcoming to new-comers.
We're very excited about this release as it carries some great changes and new features.
- Internal errors do not accidentally trigger a 404.
- Removing intermediate warnings between plugin systems transition.
- New keywords:
body_parameters. These are considered safer and more comfortable than
params. We hope everyone switch to them instead. Try them out!
- Delayed responses now have
on_errorproviding a handler for errors when you have a streaming handler error. These should work on all event loops and isn't tied to a specific one.
- Dancer2 command line utility
-sfor a skeleton directory so you can provide your own skeletons.
- You can now use Dancer2 with the
:nopragmasflag to prevent Dancer2 importing any pragmas into your namespace.
- We now warn when you create a route parameter called captures or splat, since it can conflict.
- Fix instructions on running app.psgi files.
- Add beginner-friendly application running.
- Expanding on auto-reloading features in Plack.
I want to thank everyone involved in this release and to the Dancer community.
Have a great dance, :) Sawyer and the Dancer Core Dev Team.