Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: March 28th - April 4th
Following is the p5p (Perl 5 Porters) mailing list summary for the past week. Enjoy!
March 28th - April 4th
News and updates
Dave Mitchell provides his grant reports, and his monthly grant report as well.
Tony provides his grant reports.
Perl 5.24 blockers can be found here and here.
- Perl #127805: Let programs adjust buffer size of read filehandles.
- Perl #127829: Bleadperl breaks Pod::Usage::Return.
- Perl #127810:
-Dfortify_incConfigure option to remove
- Perl #127790: Segfault involving Data::Dumper, anonymous sub, and scalar ref.
- Perl #127231: Bleadperl breaks App::JobLog.
- Perl #127727: Bleadperl breaks RPerl.
- Perl #77990:
fileno()fails to return descriptor of filehandle.
- Perl #8979: "Ambiguous use" isn't.
- Perl #28019: Non-compliant Syslog UDP packets.
- Perl #126206:
SIGFPEinteger divide by zero in
- Perl #127760: File::Path fails tests in non-threaded builds on smoke testing.
- Perl #126182: Regex causing memory leak.
- Perl #127799: Bleadperl breaks Module::Build::Pluggable.
PERL_MEM_LOG doesn't seem to work anymore and provides
a sample patch in
which was merged.
Aaron Crane provides a patch in
to make it possible to import
Shlomi Fish provides a patch in
to correct some spelling errors in
Tony Cook provides a patch for
stat() behaves differently when passed an array in argument
Dave Mitchell provides a patch for
charset.t fails on Solaris).
Karl Williamson is covering the recent failures on AIX and HP-UX.
We received a nice thank-you email from Nicolas Graf. Fun to read!
Todd Rinaldo suggested a patch in
to be able to compile Perl so it does not also load the current
@INC. There is a conversation ongoing on the
Leave a comment