Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: June 9th-15th
Following is the p5p (Perl 5 Porters) mailing list summary for the past week. Enjoy!
News and updates
Last onionsketch before 5.25.2 is scheduled for the 16th at 13:00 UTC.
- Tony Cook grant 7: report 9, report 10, and report 11 (and its second part).
- Dave Mitchell grant 2: report 132.
- Perl #128349: Benchmark doesn't use documented format for times?
- Perl #128352: Bleadperl breaks Dancer2.
- Perl #128358:
memmem, but headers don't expose it, leading to tests crashing.
- Perl #128359:
Cygwin: Warnings: assignment discards
- Perl #128365: IO layer for STDERR not set.
- Perl #128400:
PerlMemShared_realloc()without checking for failure.
- Perl #126710:
pm_to_blibhandling causes unnecessary builds.
- Perl #127885:
bench.plto test same perl under different options/args.
- Perl #128199: Clarification of File::Copy documentation.
- Perl #128265: Duplicate of Perl #126710.
- Perl #128313:
Memory leak in perl 5.24.0 when
use re qw[strict]is used.
Continuing the conversation on Perl #128200 (removing usenet from documentation), Dan Collins provided two patches, asking for comments.
Tony Cook provides a patch in
(strange bug with
-Dversiononly) to make
the special hints require a special option.
Andreas Koenig provided a patch to update CPAN.pm.
whether we should change various compatibility functions (called
by XS with
Perl_ prefix into static inline functions.
A more in-depth analysis by Tony Cook for the problem raised in Perl #128095, a failing test on OS X.
Karl Williamson provides a patch in Perl #128213 (no deprecation warning on literal left curl bracket) to cover a few more cases.