Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: August 22nd-28th
Following is the p5p (Perl 5 Porters) mailing list summary for the past week. Enjoy!
News and highlights
Threads::Semaphore was upgraded in core to 2.13.
- Perl #129048:
lib/perlbug.t: avoid spurious failure when testing long PATH line.
- Perl #129059:
lexical subs -
- Perl #129061:
Valgrind: Buffer overrun in
S_regmatchwith pathological regular expression.
- Perl #129068: SV
*Perl_cv_const_sv_or_av: Assertion fail.
- Perl #129069: Fuzzer-detected use-after-free in Perl_yylex.
- Perl #129070:
toke.cinto smaller, more maintainable parts.
- Perl #129071: Perl git repository not available over HTTPS.
- Perl #129072:
- Perl #129073:
Perl_yyparse: Assertion fail.
- Perl #129087:
Null ptr deref, segfault
- Perl #129090:
Perl_pad_fixup_inner_anonsNull reference Memory corruption.
- Perl #129098: Perl should have a cycle detector.
- Perl #129106: null ptr deref, segfault Perl_sv_vcatpvfn_flags (sv.c:12398).
This week a ticket was reopened because it was not yet resolved in blead.
- Perl #129067: Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method is deprecated.
- Perl #107726: Filter::Simple with immediately following "no".
- Perl #125679:
- Perl #128598:
Quadmath builds fail
- Perl #128843:
printf %amishandles subnormals.
- Perl #128888:
printf %amishandles zero precision.
- Perl #128889:
printf %amishandles negative pseudo-precision.
- Perl #128890:
printf %arounds incorrectly.
- Perl #128909:
printf %amishandles exponent-crossing rounding with long double.
- Perl #128919: limited exponent range in hex fp literal with long double.
- Perl #128930: [PATCH] automatically detect GCC vs VC and set VC ver number on Win32.
- Perl #128987: [PATCH] Upgrade CPAN-Meta to 2.150010.
- Perl #129029:
- Perl #129072:
- Perl #129105: null ptr deref, segfault Perl_newSVpv (sv.c:9218).
Dan Collins provided a patch in
Perl_do_vop: resulting string isn't always
null-terminated), relating to null-terminated strings.
Theo Buehler provided a patch in
(to update the man pages links for
Aristotle Pagaltzis provided an improvement of the original patch change to base.pm by Peter Rabbitson (Ribasushi). Another suggestion, raised by Todd Rinaldo, is to leave the module unchanged. This is supported by Peter, Aristotle, and Kent Fredric.
Martin Dyers raised (Storable.pm) a question about the licensing of Data::Dumper which does not contain its own license file. Should we add a file to each or should we just document the license in the POD?
Herbert Breunung asked for suggestion on documentation Pod files that could use help cleaning up, fixing, or generally improving.