Perl 5 Porters Mailing List Summary: September 29th - October 10th
Following is the p5p (Perl 5 Porters) mailing list summary for the past two weeks. Enjoy!
September 29th - October 10th
News and highlights
- Dave Mitchell TPF Grant #2 September 2016 report.
- Perl #129757:
forloop doesn't update correct variable.
- Perl #129770:
Null ptr deref, segfault
- Perl #129777: Caller return unexpected info for subs called from condition under while.
- Perl #129794:
Debugger stops on
- Perl #129802:
Regexp performance problem with swiped strings
- Perl #129803:
Regexp syntax check when variables contained with
- Perl #129821: Bleadperl v5.25.5-65-g5012eeb breaks Devel::OptreeDiff.
- Perl #129825: Overloaded integer constants are prematurely deallocated.
- Perl #129826:
Invalid read of size 8 in
S_parse_bodywhen argv ends with
- Perl #116250:
Skip count is wrong for timeout in
- Perl #117223: Remove IO::File example from perlfunc.
- Perl #125702: Garbage Collection Segv in 5.21.10+.
- Perl #129368: Error while trying to install perl 5.8.7 on RHEL 6.
Dave Mitchell merged Reini Urban's patches in
sassign to be declared as
BASEOP instead of
to be optimized.
Andy Lester provided a patch in
about the struct definition of a hash key in
hv.h, which raises
interesting confusing points in C.
Klemen Markovic asked about Windows W APIs which were replaced in favor of Windows A APIs. An exhaustive research by Steve Hay into the history of it showed that it never really worked properly with the Unicode changes in 5.8 and was therefore removed.
= \($x,$y) in non-void context) about a current behavior of the
refaliasing feature, which Father Chrysostomos sees as a bug.
Andy Lester asked (Tabs and spaces in patches) whether he should provide a patch with spaces or tabs and what is desired now. Karl Williamson notes that we are moving the code to spaces and no tabs.
Sam Kington suggested extending the fat comma syntax to handle situations of undefined or empty list variables on the right-hand-side.