We are also proud to have Curtis "Ovid" Poe as a guest speaker. Among other things, he is the author of the Beginning Perl and Perl Hacks books and helps expats work in Perl jobs with his company All Around the World.
If you'd like to give a talk but are fresh out of ideas, have a look at our hand-crafted suggestions.
Remember: The early workshop bird catches the Perl worm. So sign up now and save $$.
The estimated ticket prices for the German Perl Workshop 2014 in Hanover are now available.
You programm in Perl or teach the use of Perl? You have new ideas, a great project or a thrilling story to tell about the use of Perl? Then you're right at the German Perl Workshop 2014!
We offer: the German Perl Workshop is the largest German speaking event about Perl. It is the right platform for your idea, your project or your story. In 2014 the German Perl Workshop will take place from March 26th to March 28th at the "Kulturzentrum FAUST Warenannahme" in Hannover. About 130 attendees where at the 2013 workshop.
We are searching for: Your idea. Your project. Your story. We are looking for challenging presentations for our program. Those might be Lightning Talks 5min), short presentations (20 minutes) or long lectures (40 min). If you search for suggestions for lecture topics, try looking through the FAQ (german).
Please submit your paper proposals on the website. The submission deadline is December 22nd, 2013! Your abstract should be about 2000 characters (which are about 30 lines with 72 columns) that describe the subject, what is particularly interesting in your approach and why Perl is the language of choice in this case. You get a notification whether your paper has been accepted or not on January 10th, 2014.
Who we are: This year, the workshop is organized by the Hanover Perl Mongers. The Perlmongergruppe is one of the most active in Germany and meets every two weeks. Learn more about our regular meetings on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Hannover_pm and http://hannover.pm.
The presentations and participants are the heart of our workshop. We are looking forward to seeing you - as a participant and as a speaker.
Another quick update. We're in the middle of communicating to our (possible) sponsors. Lots of paperwork to do :)
As I already wrote on Hannover.pm gathering v21 (German) we're planing to announce the approximate ticket price within the next weeks. The final ticket price will be available in January 2014 at the latest.
Search this blog
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - Guest of honor and more sponsors - T-137 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - Status and Call for Papers - T-153 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - Estimated Ticket Prices - T-168 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - Call for Papers - T-179 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - lots of paperwork - T-194 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - New ACT design live - T-246 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - New ACT design - T-246 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 - Act website online - T-306 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 is on its way to Hanover - T-324 days
- German Perl Workshop 2014 is on its way to Hanover