Congratulations to Nigel Horne for submitting the 30 millionth CPAN Testers Report. The report itself was a PASS for DBI.
Quite a few updates for this month's summary. New CPAN distributions, plenty of fixes, some updates, lots of discussion ... and 27 over million reports!
November turned out to be a very eventful and productive month. Aside from various code updates with some CPAN-Testers distributions, including porting many of the tests to Test::Database, and discovering the usefulness of Test::Trap for testing some of the scripts, we also got a handle on the missing reports. For the past few months, questions about missing reports has increased. Back in August I started to look at a more thorough catch-up. After some suggestions and ideas from David and Andreas, I also added some to code to collect data in a similar way to the tail log. As a consequence of the tail parsing, the improved catch-up code and the rewritten generate code, it now means that not only have we caught up, but we now have a much more robust mechanism in place to ensure we're not missing any reports.
If I could kick the Amazon SimpleDB we have, I'd take great delight in doing so. Thankfully, our days of relying on it are numbered ... in a good way. More news on this will be forthcoming soon.…
We had a bit of downtime on the CPAN Testers last month. Did you notice? I doubt it, as the guys at Bytemark did a wonderful job helping to get us back online. We had a disk failure and with minimal fuss they replaced the disk and had us back up and running within a few days of spotting the problem. Such a far cry from the fiasco of our previous hosting company. Many thanks to all the guys at Bytemark.…
Search this blog
- 30 Million Reports
- CPAN Testers Summary - January 2013 - Up
- CPAN Testers Summary - December 2012 - Shabooh Shoobah
- CPAN Testers Summary - November 2012 - Kick
- CPAN Testers Summary - September 2012 - Listen Like Thieves
- CPAN Testers Summary - August 2012 - Wish
- CPAN Testers Summary - July 2012 - Head On The Door
- CPAN Testers Summary - June 2012 - Seventeen Seconds
- New CPAN Testers Sponsor: Webfusion
- CPAN Testers Summary - May 2012 - Black Moon