As communicated at the May round closure, we are accepting grant proposals all the time (Submission link). We evaluate them every two months and another evaluation month, July, is coming.
Here is the July schedule:
- July 1: CFP reminder post
- July 14: CFP closes for this round
- July 15: Solicit public feedback
- July 26: Voting
- July 31: Announcement of the results
So you have a bit more than two weeks to be considered in the July round.
If you miss the deadline of July 15th, you can still send us your proposal later in July and it will be evaluated in the September round.
I wasn't able to attend YAPC::NA this year. What a shame!
I still had an opportunity to meet the TPF president, Karen Pauley in person while she was in New York. One of the topics was the Grants Committee and here are my thoughts after the discussion.
- The Grants Committee is doing well. The bi-monthly grant cycle got positive feedback and the rule change earlier this year is making good contribution.
- One of the most important things we now have within the committee is participation. All of the voting members have been voting to select grants and both the grant managers are working hard. And the committee members have been discussing a lot.
- We still have room for improvements with marketing. I am testing something new, which will get the grant program known more. This should go live in a couple of months.
- I would like to add a few more enthusiastic volunteers in the committee. I will post an announcement to recruit new people. Stay tuned!