#perl6 highlights for week ending 2012-09-01
I (raiph) have switched to selected highlights rather than an exhaustive summary and changed some other things. I'd appreciate comments from both #perl6 regulars and those who are just reading these reports saying whether or not these changes are an improvement over last week's report. (Alternatively gmail raiph.mellor.)
- masak et al continued development this week of hygienic macros.
- arnsholt et al continued development this week of the Rakudo native call interface Zavolaj.
- Moritz continued development this week of content for the new p6doc ("Official Perl 6 documentation" for endusers).
- diakopter said "should Perl 6 encode to NFD on I/O output? or leave in NFC + exploded NFG appendices?" which led to dialog about encodings and pragmas.
- thou said "do you have an idea on how to normalize examples in docs?" which led to a dialog about automated verification of examples.
- pmichaud overhauled the Rakudo Star build process.
- pmichaud wrote a Rakudo Star Release Guide.
- japhb continued his discussion about perl6.org with the question "How much stylistic similarity do we want between perl6.org and its subdomains?".
- TimToady got P5-in-P6 to a key milestone. "viv+STD_P5 now parses all of viv".
- pmichaud cut and published the August Rakudo Star release.
- tadzik said "68 modules ok". The working Perl 6 module count is climbing quickly. :)
- sergot said "We have modules.perl6.org generated using Perl 6! :)".
- jnthn said "'tis merged", a quiet heralding of the landing of NQP-using-QAST.