In the previous post I discussed my January Pull Request Challenge contribution. It's only part 1 because there's another part: the contributions others made during their PRC which were related to projects I'm in charge of.
While I was focused on the social aspects of the PR Challenge, such as the IRC channel (opping literally everyone), the guides (wrote several), the repo (plus organization), and lately even a small parser for the web page Neil created (which will appear in another post), I still had my own responsibilities - mainly, my own PR challenge, and taking care of others' PR challenge contributions that fell under my purview.
On my quest for downloading more podcasts, I decided to tackle another podcast I started listening to, Criminal.
This posed a set of new problems, and I'm going to go over the code for solving it, since I'm actually somewhat proud of it.
I started getting into podcasts recently and one that I heard mentioned a few times was Welcome to Night Vale. I didn't get to listen to it yet, but decided I'll try it out.
When I start with a podcast, I want to download the episodes. I don't listen on my computer, I listen on my mp3 player. (Yes, I still havhttp://commonplacebooks.com/welcome-to-night-vale/e one, and no, it's not an iPod.)
At the same time, I'm sick of going over lists of pages, opening each, and then looking for the download button, so I wrote a Perl script that downloads all episodes for this podcast.
Search this blog
- My January's Pull Request Challenge (part 2)
- My January's Pull Request Challenge (part 1)
- Downloading Criminal podcast episodes
- Downloading Welcome to Night Vale podcast episodes
- New Dancer2 release en route to CPAN: 0.158000
- CPAN Pull Request Challenge - resources available!
- New Dancer2 release already waiting on CPAN: 0.157000
- Are conference speakers compensated
- Who's running @PerlUpdate account on Twitter?
- Major Dancer 2 release: 0.140000