- Website: swatpm.org/
- About: Dev & Devops --- Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it. (Ecclesiastes 8:17)
Posted Doing testing in a swat way to melezhik
Hi I wrote an informal introduction into swat, trying to highlights some benefits one could gain using swat in web test development. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted Bootstraping test infrastructure for mojo application using swat to melezhik
Install swat mojo command
You need a swat mojo command to generate swat tests scaffolding for mojo application.
Bootstrap mojo application
- Posted Outthentic latest releases to melezhik
Posted Outthentic - yet another test framework to melezhik
Outthentic is a black box testing framework.
Instead of hack into objects and methods it deals with text appeared in stdout.
This is very first CPAN release to play with:
$ cpanm Outthe…
Posted swatpm.org updated to melezhik
Site has become quite concise but has interesting info about swat:
- fork me on github button :) - this one is classic
- 1 minute tutorial on swat tests
- list of projects using swat ( more ones are wanted! :) )
- list of sw…
Posted swat 0.1.55 released to melezhik
Hi! A lot of new features and deprecation of some stuff.
- perl hooks api: modify_resource, accessors, downstream stories, swat_modules, set_server_response
- blank lines matching
- DELETE http methods
- Posted http://swatpm.org start up to melezhik
- Posted MongoDB monitoring with swat to melezhik
- Posted swat for Dancer to melezhik
- Posted Swat and Mojolicious to melezhik
Posted swat - Simple Web Application Test ( Tool ) to melezhik
As devops I update a dozens of web application weekly, sometimes I just have no time sitting and wait while dev guys or QA team ensure that deploy is fine and nothing breaks on the road. So I need a tool to run smoke tests against web applications. Not tool only, but the…
Posted pjam on rails, part 2 ( pjam projects ) to melezhik
Recently I wrote a post about a pjam - a perl applications build server. Now I continue the topic and try to uncover some pjam vital features.
First of all, central point of p…
Posted pjam on rails - build server for perl applications. to melezhik
Pjam - is the build server for perl applications.
Hi All! It's still in alpha stage, but anybody is welcome to try it out. Pjam provides standard continues integration server api with additional features:
- checks out source code from subversion VCS…
- Posted Pjam - continues integration for PERL, using pinto. to melezhik
Commented on jam - glue between pinto and scm
Well, after all, I decided to choose "pjam", "jam" part is still here, and I like it, and "p" - is somehow connected with pinto. At least pjam gem is not reserved at rubygems.org...
Commented on jam - glue between pinto and scm
Hi Brian. Have never heard about this. http://search.cpan.org/search?m=all&q=jam gives a few results ......
Posted jam - glue between pinto and scm to melezhik
Pinto is great and helps create custom repositories of cpan packages, tune dependencies and get vital information about your distributions. One thing I lack is to propagate changes in source control as new distributions in pinto stacks and also new…
Commented on psgi applications easy install with chef
Hi David! Psgi cookbook only installs init scripts infrastucture. Now it supports centOS, debian and ubuntu. It's not intended to manage cpan packages prerequisitives....
- Posted psgi applications easy install with chef to melezhik
Commented on chef pinto cookbook
Ok (: Chef is cool open source tool for managing and configuring servers. Chef users may write various recipes (or installation scenarios) and distribute them as `cookbooks`, once one have specific cookbook he may run it on host (with chef...
- Posted chef pinto cookbook to melezhik
Posted perl distributive "early" testing with jenkins to melezhik
Even though you have a stage servers `like production one', it'd be reasonable to check distributive in production environment before release is happened. I would call it `early` testi…
Posted jenkins plugin for building perl applications to melezhik
Jenkins - is well known continues integration server. One of it's great features - one may extend it by writing custom plug-ins.
It implements standard build scheme:
- look up …
- Posted installing cpan modules with chef to melezhik
Comment ThreadsResponses to Comments from melezhik
blogs.perl.org is a common blogging platform for the Perl community. Written in Perl and offering the modern features you’ve come to expect in blog platforms, the site is hosted by Dave Cross and Aaron Crane, with a design donated by Six Apart, Ltd.