We're looking for nominations for the 2015 White Camel Awards that recognize significant non-technical achievement in Perl and its community. Each year we recognize work in the broad categories of community, advocacy, and user groups. These people keep the Perl community going and deserve to be recognized!
I want a registry of environment variables. If I see someone using one, I want to know what it does and what code or programs uses that. Or, given a program, what are all the variables that might affect it?
Rather than do the whole thing, I let myself do part of the first bit. I crawled all of my installed modules to pull out the keys used with
%ENV. My solution (here's the gist) does some dumb matching then passes the result to PPI. I…
MojoConf has turned into MiniConf, with a social meeting on Friday, June 5 and a full day of Perl activities on Saturday, June 6. I'll give my "Become a CPAN Author in Three Hours" workshop on Saturday morning.
It looks like Mojoconf 2015 is being cancelled for lack of sponsorship. I was only involved as a trainer for one day so I'm not privy to everything else that was going on.
However, David Farrell and I are going to come up with something if you've already made plans to be in New York. I don't know what that it, but it might…
Search this blog
- The White Camel Awards, 2015 Edition
- Nominate Perl heroes for the 2015 White Camel Awards
- Creating a registry of environment variables
- "Become a CPAN Author" at MiniConf in NYC, June 6
- Mojoconf is cancelled; I'm scrambling to do something anyway
- I broke plenv and cpanm, and the systems they run on
- Huh. Multiple beginning-of-line anchors work
- What could a reddit bot do with feedback?
- CPAN Cleaning Day 2457044: Compiler::Lexer
- What should be in a CPAN distro README?