I maintain Term::ReadPassword::Win32 that has a POD file in Japanese. Now it got 2 bug reports for the Japanese POD, but even though both Japanese and Hungarian write their family name first, I don't know Japanese that well.... To say the least.
I am looking for a nice person who would check if the content of that files is still relevant. Convert it to utf8 and fix the two bugs reports related to that file. (See the bug reports and the GitHub repo linked from the above page.)
I blame Jeff Thalhammer. He is the one who directed me to The ChangeLog, and that's where I've heard the interview with Katrina Owen, the creator of Exercism.io.
What is Exercism.io?
A long time ago I started to build a Perl distribution for Linux, but then I did not have more time and I did not have the immediate need. But it has changed and thus I created a new version of the DWIM Perl for Linux.
It includes perl 5.18.1, DBI, DBD::SQlite, Moo, and for the first time it include XML::LibXML. This is the big change for me and for the package. It now includes a directory called c/ where external (non-perl) dependencies are installed.
If you have time, please give it a try!
Since launching the Perl TV more than a week ago there have been quite some changes.
Videos can be now listed by tags, module names, or speaker. (Though it is still not clear how interviews and talks with multiple speakers will be listed.)
When adding a new entry to the new Perl TV site, I copy some of the data from YouTue itself. To make it easier I wrote a small script that fetches the data from YouTube using the WebService::GData module.
Unfortunately, staring from perl 5.18 the module started to emit lots of warnings. The original author did not have interest furher maintaining the module, but he was kind enough to give me co-maintainer bit. A new version (0.06) is on its way to CPAN.
If you are using this module, I'…