Would you like to earn some money while writing articles about Perl? I am looking for authors for the Perl Maven site. If you are interested, please get in touch with me via email (gabor at szabgab.com).
I have started to create a list of programming exercises. Mostly extracted from my Perl beginner course. Some of them already have "Tools" that help solve the exercise. Some of them even have links to a solution in Perl 5.
If you have ideas for exercises I'd be happy to hear about them.
When you see an article on Reddit /r/perl upvote it. If you see an article about Perl that is not on Reddit yet, post it.
If you'd like to make a small contribution to the Perl 6 development error, here is a low hanging fruit:
Add Travis-CI configuration to one of the Perl 6 modules. I wrote a Perl 6 script to find GitHub repositories without Travis-CI, but you don't even need that as 59 out of the 71 modules don't have the configuration yet, so it will be quite easy to locate one that waits for your Pull-request.
Check out ="http://perl6maven.com…
The Vagrant PDE is a VirtualBox image ready for Perl development with many of the CPAN modules you'd want to use.
- Upgraded the Operating System to Ubuntu 2015.04
- Added Rakudo Perl 2015.09
- Added several Perl Modules
- Upgraded all the other Perl Modules
If you have never used it, you can follow the instructions for the
Vagrant Perl Development Environment.
If you already have the previous version installed, yo…
Search this blog
- Earn money with your Perl articles
- Programming Exercises for beginners
- A micro contribution to Perl
- Small contribution to Perl 6: Configure Travis-CI for Perl 6 modules
- Vagrant Perl Development Environment v1.1.0 released
- Travis-CI and latest version of Perl 5
- Perl Maven facelift and new navigation
- YAPC::EU - over 200 participants
- Has YAPC::NA 2016 been announced?
- Web application development course before YAPC::EU