Dancer2 0.202000 is on its way to a CPAN mirror near you, and brings several important bug fixes and enhancements.
Plugins may now easily call the application’s DSL using
$self->dsl. For example, logging a debugging message is as easy as
$self->dsl->debug( “I’m in your plugin!” ); Plugins can now also call the syntax of plugins that they have loaded. Consider this example:
Your Dancer2 application (
MyApp) uses plugin
Foo uses plugin
baz() to the DSL. Plugin
Foo can now access
baz() (just like the DSL in Dancer2 works), however,
baz() is only accessible to the Foo plugin, not
Please keep in mind that if plugin
Bar adds any hooks, those hooks are added to
Bar’s DSL is not available to
The parameter methods in Dancer2 (
body_parameters(), etc.) were not decoding Unicode values passed to them. All parameter methods are now decoding Unicode characters.
There have been several maintenance issues regarding
Type::Tiny::XS, and these were causing compilation and runtime failures for users of Dancer2 on Strawberry Perl. Until these issues are resolved, we have returned to using
MooX::Types::MooseLike for type checking. If you’re a plugin author, please check your plugin against this release as this change may require some reworking on your part. Please find us on
irc.perl.org#dancer with any questions or help you may need.
A memory leak was uncovered in
Dancer2::Plugin, and has been patched in this release. A test has been added to check for this in the future.
If you have
HTTP::XSCookies installed, we will now use it, and cookie operations will be substantially faster.
The full changelog is as follows:
0.202000 2016-08-13 13:50:30-05:00 America/Chicago
[ BUG FIXES ]
* Fix memory leak in plugins. (Sawyer X)
* GH #1180, #1220: Revert (most of) GH #1120. Change back to using
MooX::Types::MooseLike until issues around Type::Tiny are resolved.
Peter (@SysPete) Mottram
* GH #1192: Decode body|query|request_parameters (Peter Mottram)
* GH #1224: Plugins defined with :PluginKeyword attribute are now
exported. (Yanick Champoux)
* GH #1226: Plugins can now call the DSL of the app via $self->dsl
[ ENHANCEMENTS ]
* PR #1223: Add YAML::XS to Recommends (Peter Mottram)
* PR #1117: If installed, use HTTP::XSCookies and all cookie operations
will be faster (Peter Mottram)
* PR #1228: Allow register_plugin() to pass @_ properly (Sawyer X)
* PR #1231: Plugins can now call the syntax of plugins they loaded
[ DOCUMENTATION ]
* PR #1151: Note that config is immutable after first read (Peter Mottram)
* PR #1222: Update list of files generated by `dancer2 -a`, make name of
sample app consistent (Daniel Perrett)
If you have any questions, please find us at
Thank you to our amazing community and plugin developers for your continued support.
Your questions, contributions, and the support you give the core team and each other continue to make the Dancer2 community great.
Just a reminder, the Dancer conference in Vienna, Austria is quickly approaching. If you are interested in attending or giving a talk, please visit the conference website.